1. look up types of haircuts that look good for my hair type
2. ignore these types and wish i could have karen gillan’s hair instead
3. consider getting karen gillan’s haircut circa-2010
4. realize this is stupid, go back to looking up haircuts
5. go to salon. abandon all pretenses and ask for same haircut i always get.
6. get really mad and hate it in secret anyway.
exactly what I did today except switch Karen Gillan to Miley Cyrus circa 2010, then add step 7. my dad asks if I even got my hair cut when I get home. and also somewhere in there I look at myself in the mirror and admire how my hair is now for at least 10 minutes even though I have complained about it for at least a month.